West Roxbury - Hillel B'nai Torah (map and directions
Friday, 9:30 AM
01/05/18 - 03/16/18 (9 weeks)
This is the essential Music Together mixed age class, one that a child can attend from birth to age five—and through all nine song collections. This basic class follows the recommendations of child development researchers, grouping children of a variety of ages in one class. This approach fosters natural, family-style learning where younger children enjoy watching and imitating older ones; older children learn by leading younger ones; and adults are happy because the children in the family can go to class together.
Each child participates at his or her own developmental level in singing, moving, chanting, listening, observing, or exploring musical instruments. We welcome the whole family to join in this important family music experience, and any caregiver—parents, grandparents, nanny—can bring the child(ren) to class.
Each semester includes:
- Weekly 45-minute classes teaching a new song collection every fall, winter and spring.
- New CDs each semester with the songs, rhythm chants, "play-alongs," tonal and rhythm patterns used in class.
- Beautifully illustrated songbook with family activities to enjoy at home.
- Parent education resources and online resources
- Music Together app for iphone or android
- PURE FUN with your child every week!